The Theatre Laboratory Sfumato was founded in 1989 by stage directors Margarita Mladenova and Ivan Dobchev who are also professors at the Academy for Theatre and Cinema in Sofia. It was meant to be a theatre laboratory; a territory for theatrical researches. It sees itself as a long-term creative strategy, driven by the conviction that the artistic and the spiritual have a common nature.
Since 1992, the Sfumato has been established as National Theatre with the status of a theatrical innovation strategy.
After leaving behind a long nomadic lifestyle, with several locality changes due to commercial constraints, the Sfumato has been based in an old public baths building, which was reconstructed according to a specific architectural project, since 2003. It possesses three stages with auditoriums of 110, 50 and 30 seats, respectively.
Since 2011 the Sfumato is a member of the Union of Theatres de l’Europe.
Sfumato poetics ("sfumato" means a technique of painting the air, the painting method of producing soft, imperceptible transitions between colours and tones) seeks the intersection between here and there, now and always; it uncovers the no-playing in the playing; it reveals the invisible through the visible, it analyses the oppositions archetype - stereotype, and it cultivates a unique expression of great content.
Sfumato as a long-term strategy works on its own methods and creative models. A space for search, creation and performance, an international centre for theatrical innovation, with an emphasis on working with young artists from all artistic fields.
Sfumato steps on the following artistic principles:
Long-term programs about authors or subjects, with preliminary ‘expeditions’ to accumulate scientific material by the support of a large number of experts - philosophers, sociologists, theologians, psychologists, etc. A program aim to approach the poetics of a text or of an author through several performances. The difference between program and repertoire is in the nature of theatrical passion. The pathos of the repertoire model is "something for every one of us", so there is a passion for variety. The program itself is more like spiritual expedition to a territory full of mysteries; penetration into someone's world - this is a passion for digging. There are determinate ways of life in each of these worlds and they should be discovered, felt and realized, accepted and respected - this is how the poetics of the performance is constructed. “We are looking for the theatrical language, the form, the theatrical dramaturgy of those contents that we have found there. So, we are looking for the aesthetics.” Program is this better chance to inhabit author's world, to commensurate yourself with it; to sink in his areas of silence.
PROGRAM ‘NOMINA TRIVIALIA’
PROGRAM ‘DOSTOEVSKY’: ‘Aliosha’ and ‘Ivan’
‘medea – MY MOTHER’
PROGRAM ‘DESAPEARING HUMANITY
PROGRAM ‘TERMINAL 2’
PROGRAM ‘CHASING THE DEMONS’:
‘Idiot’ and ‘Demons’
PROGRAM ‘NOAH’S ARK‘
‘Crazy Grass‘ and ‘New Bible‘
1989 – 1996
1991 – 1992
1993 – 1994
1997 – 1998
1997 - 2000
2001 - 2002
2003 - 2005
2005 - 2006
2006 - 2007
2008 - renewal
2008 - 2009
2010 - 2011
2014 – 2015
First step of each project to amass a factual and scientific material on a theme, in partnership with a wide range of experts: poets, philosophers, linguists, theologians, psychologists, etc.
AteliersThe workshop – atelier is the main creative module of the laboratory, it conclude with presentations to the public. Atelier means initiating of a group of artists, who have voluntarily engaged themselves with the theme of the future performance, in its space and poetics. In such aspect, the effect of this atelier has got the sense of qualification course, a way of keeping actors' creative condition up, a way of extending the horizon of their professional abilities.
The great atelier's purpose-dream is provoking thrill in their nature, creating air for living around the phantasm of the new project. If we should use an analogy, it is like a space-men training in walking on Moon in earth conditions.
Annual participation in all Bulgarian theatre festivals
"VARNA SUMMER", "APOLONIA" - SozopoL, "STAGE ON THE CROSSROAD" - Plovdiv,
“ON THE SHORE” - Burgas, NATIONAL FESTIVAL OF THE SMALL THEATRE FORMS - Vratsa, THEATRE HOLIDAYS - Blagoevgrad, “DRUMEV” HOLIDAYS - Shumen
Parallel program and annual festival "Small Season"
Sfumato Theatre Laboratory is open to the dozens of projects of younger professionals of all the arts through its parallel programs and its annual festival "Small Season", which includes about 60 actions and is held for 10 days between June 25 and July 5, in the four theatre halls and in outdoor areas. The free access makes the time of the festival a zone of highly creative combustion.
The nomination "Sfumato - New Names" foresees invitations to performances, presented at the fest, to get into Sfumato playbill for the next season; production of future projects of the nominees.
Since 2015 the festival opened to the international inviting foreign artists, troupes, workshop leaders, dramaturges, theatre critics.
Sfumato Circle: poetry evenings, concerts, photographic exhibitions, openings books, seminars, discussions, meetings with the public, projections of alternative and noncommercial films.
International activities: international forums, multilateral projects
Sfumato's productions are widely presented abroad - more than 300 performances on about 40 tours/festivals and more than 40 workshops all over Europe, Japan and South Korea. Its directors have extensive experience in international work in Europe and US, especially in France.
Sfumato also keeps a large circle of foreign partners as Piccolo teatro di Milano, Theatre “La Tempete” – Paris, Shizuoka Art Centre – Japan, “Mayerhold” Centre – Moscow, Autumn Festival – Paris, TNS – Strasbourg, “Shakespeare&Co” - Lenox MA, US and has made coproductions with FESTIVAL D'AVIGNON, ТEOREM, France; Hebbel Theater, Berlin; FESTIVAL PASSAGES, Nancy; MES-Sarajevo;
and European projects as co-organiser in projects supported by “Culture 2000” within the Programs THEOREM, “25 + + Artistic Emergencies in Europe" ; SEAS Black / North.
In the frame of THEOREM in 2000 Mladenova and Dobchev produced the performance “The Black Fleece” for the Avignon Festival and Hebbel Theatre Berlin as coproducers
For the program "25 ++ Artistic Emergencies in Europe", initiated by Culturesfrance with 4 European coorganizers, in 2006 Mladenova and Dobchev produced at the Sfumato their first international workshop "From the Outside to the Inside" with actors from Georgia, Bulgaria, France, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Romania, Ukraine.
In the frame of the project "SEAS.Black/North", initiated by Intercult, Sweden, with 6 European coorganizers, were held international workshops: "Human, Too Human" with actors from Bulgaria, Belgium, Slovenia, Sweden, Denmark, Ukraine, Macedonia, Turkey, Great Britain / 2008 / and "To Travel or to Descend" - Balchik-Sofia /2010/.
Other international workshops in Bulgaria‘HAMLET: To TRAVEL or to DESCEND’, with Bulgarian and Swedish actor Simon Northon, "SEAS.Black/North" project, Balchik-Sofia 2010; ‘I AM AN ACTRESS’, with Bulgarian actors and American actress and director Daniela Varon, Sofia 2011; THE UNIVERSAL SOIL ON THE LANDFILL’, with Bulgarian actors, in the frame of the international project “Atelier 200” of the Union of Theatres of Europe (UTE), Sofia 2012; ‘SECOND HAND’, masterclass, with the international troupe ISO of the Union of Theatres of Europe (UTE) and Bulgarian actors, in the frame of the UTE EU project “Conflict Zones”, Sofia 2016; “MY SELF”, with American students of „Pace School of Performing Arts“ and Bulgarian students from their classes at NATFA in New York, Sofia, Varna International Theatre Festival – Sibiu International Theatre Festival 2017.
Mladenova and Dobchev also lead
Workshops abroad, including workshops on Chekhov, Lorca, Pushkin, M. Pavich, Beckett, Dostoyevsky at Théâtre Paris-Villette, Théâtre de la Colline, Théâtre de la Tempête with French actors, students of the National Conservatory, Paris, Spanish actors in Madrid, several workshops with students from New York University in Varna with students of PACE University, New York, US,
as ‘WITH DOSTOEVSKY’,with students from the School of TNS, Strasbourg 2010;
‘CHEKHOV: UNCLE VANIA’, with American actors of “Shakespeare&Co”, in the frame of the International program of Drama League NY; Lenox MA, USA 2013; ‘WORDS FOR LOVE, SEPARATION AND DEATH, with students from the School of TNB, Rennes, France 2014;
Creations of Margarita Mladenova and Ivan Dobchev abroad:
"The Cherry Orchard", A. Chekhov, Festival d'Avignon 1996; "The Little Pushkin", National Stage of Mâcon 1997; "The Blood Wedding", Lorca, CNAD Paris 1997;
“Medea – My mother”, National Theatre Bucarest 2016
The Sfumato has presented its performances within forty international festivals like: THE AUTUMN FESTIVAL IN PARIS / 12 performances of Strindberg Program in 2008 /; THE FESTIVAL D'AVIGNON; PASSAGES, Nancy, France; LUXEMBOURG - European Capital of Culture; TEATER DER WELT, Berlin; BONNER BIENNALE, FOIRE de Leipzig, SUMMER FESTIVAL of Hamburg, Germany; CONTACT, Torun, Poland; MESS, Sarajevo, Bosnia&Herzegovina; Mittelfest, Cividale, FESTIVAL “MIGRATIONS” of Piccolo Teatro di Milano, Italy; SAN MARINO STAGE FESTIVAL; FIAT, Podgoritza, Serbia and Monte Negro; EX PONTO, Ljubljana and Novo Mesto, Slovenia; BALTIC HOUSE, St. Petersburg, CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL, Novosibirsk, Russia; INTERNATIONAL THEATRE FESTIVAL, Bucharest, INTERNATIONAL THEATRE FESTIVAL, Sibiu, INTERFERENCES, Cluj, NETA festival, Bucharest, SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL, Craiova and Turnu Severin, Romania; FESTIVAL OF SMALL FORMS, Rijeka, Croatia; SPRING ARTS FESTIVAL, Shizuoka, Japan; SPAF FESTIVAL , Seoul, THE THEATRE AT THE FORTRESS FESTIVAL, Seoul, Korea; OHRID SUMMER, FESTIVAL OF ANTIQUE DRAMA “STOBI”, Veles, Macedonia, FESTIVAL “DIMITRIA”, Thessaloniki, Greece, etc.
And on tour: VIENNA, ZURICH, Hebbel Theater, Berlin; THEATRE de la Tempete, Paris / 2 months with 40 performances/; THEATRE STUDIO, Warsaw; THEATRE OF NATIONS; MEYERHOLD CENTRE, Moscow, KOMISARJEVSKA THEATRE, St. Petersburg; Culturgest, Lisbon; SAO JOAO NATIONAL THEATRE, Porto; SHIZUOKA PERFORMING ARTS CENTER, Japan; Suwon Hwaseong THEATRE, South Korea; NATIONAL STAGE OF CHERBOURG “LE TRIDENT”; NATIONAL STAGE OF TARBES “LE PARVIS”; TNS-NATIONAL THEATRE, Strasbourg
/ 20 performances /, NATIONAL THEATRE BUCHAREST; CENTER “OSCAR NIEMEYER”, Aviles, Spain, etc.
Bulgarian Culture Institutes in Brussels, Vienna, London, etc.
Almost all Sfumato’s productions, its directors and actors are awarded with National awards. International awards:
The Black Fleece: Golden Laurel Award for Best Show and the Audience Award – MES-Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina 2000; Awards for the best performance, best music and best dramaturgy, Special award for the ensemble collective acting and Audience silver award – Small Theatre Forms Festival, Rijeka, Croatia 2001
The Dance of Death: Awards for the best actor, best actor in second role and best music – Small Theatre Forms Festival, Rijeka, Croatia 2008;
Nirvana - Best performance Award – “Actor of Europe” Festival, Ressen, Macedonia; Best actress Award – “Risto Siskov” festival, Strumica, Macedonia 2016.
The Dream of Gogol: Best performance Award - Small Theatre Forms Festival, Rijeka, Croatia 2016;
International Festivals and touring
- AUTUMN FESTIVAL - Paris - France – 1991, 2008
- ‘CONTACT’ FESTIVAL - Torun - Poland – 1994
- BIENALE OF CONTEMPORARY DRAMA - Bonn - Germany – 1994
- LUXEMBOURG - EUROPEAN CULTURE CAPITAL - 1995
- WIENER FESTIVAL - Vienna - Austria - 1995
- ‘OHRID SUMMER’ FESTIVAL - Macedonia – 1995, 2008, 2011, 2016
- FESTIVAL D’AVIGNON - France – 1996, 2000
- ‘PASSAGES’ FESTIVAL– Nancy - France – 1996, 1997, 2003, 2009
- SIBIU INTERNATIONAL THEATRE FESTIVAL – Sibiu - Romania – 1998
- ‘NEIGHBOURING VOICES’ BALKAN THEATRE FESTIVAL Sofia - Bulgaria – 1998
- TEATER DER WELT - Berlin – Germany – 1999
- LEIPZIG FAIR - DAYS OF BULGARIAN CULTURE - Germany – 1999
- HAMBURG SUMMER THEATRE FESTIVAL - Germany – 1999
- HEBBEL THEATRE - Berlin – Germany - 2000
- MITTELFEST – Cividale – Italy – 2000
- SAN MARINO STAGE FESTIVAL – San Marino - 2000
- ‘MIGRATIONS’ FESTIVAL – PICCOLO TEATRO DI MILANO – Milano - Italy – 2000
- ‘MESS’ FESTIVAL – Sarajevo – Bosnia&Herzegovina – 2000, 2001, 2007
- Small Theatre STAGES Festival – Rijeka - Croatia – 2001, 2008, 2016, 2019
- SPRING ARTS FESTIVAL - Shizuoka Performing Arts Center - Shizuoka - Japan - 2001
- ‘EX PONTO’ Festival– Ljubljana et Novo Mesto – Slovenia – 2001, 2008, 2011, 2015
- christmas festival – Novosibirsk - Russia - 2001
- ThEAtre of Nations – Moscow - Russia - 2001
- Culturgest – Lisbon - Portugal - 2002
- Théâtre de la Tempete - Paris – France - 2002, 2004
- THEATRE STUDIO – Warsaw, Poland - 2003
- ‘Baltic house’ Festival– St.Petersburg - Russia – 2004
- ‘FIAT’ FESTIVAL – Podgoritza - Monte Negro – 2005, 2016
- bucarest International theatre Festival – Bucarest - Romania 2007
- SUWON HWASEONG FORTERESSE FESTIVAL – Suwon - Korea – 2008
- ‘Le Parvis’ NATIONAL STAGE OF TARBES – Tarbes - France – 2008
- KOMISARJEVKAIA THEATRE - St. Petersburg - Russia – 2009
- Meerhold centre - Moscow - Russia – 2009
- ‘LE TRIDENT’ NATIONAL STAGE OF CHERBOURG – Cherbourg - France -2010
- NATIONAL THEATRE OF STRASBOURG /TNS/ - France -2010
- ‘SPAF’ Festival – Seoul – South Korea – 2010
- NATIONAL THEATRE ‘SAO JOAO’ – Porto – Portugal - 2011
- PETIT THEATRE MERCELIS – Brussels – Belgique 2012
- ‘INTERFERENCES’ Festival – Cluj – Romania – 2012, 2016, 2019
- ‘ACTOR OF EUROPE’ FESTIVAL – Resen – Macedonia - 2015
- NETA FESTIVAL – National Theatre Bucharest - Roumania - 2015
- ‘risto siskov’ festival of chamber theatre – Strumica – Macedonia - 2016
- SHAKESPEARE INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL – Craiova and Turnu Severin - Roumania - 2016
- FESTIVAL of antique drama stobi – Veles - Macedonia – 2016
- ‘DEMETRIA’ FESTIVAL – Thessaloniki – Greece – 2017
- ‘OSCAR NIEMEYER’ CENTER – Aviles – Spain – 2017
- FESTIVAL THEATRE CITY – Budva – Monte Negro - 2019
- Festivals in Bulgaria: ‘VARNA SUMMER THEATRE FESTIVAL’ - Varna, ‘APOLONIA’ – Sozopol, ‘NATIONAL FESTIVAL OF LITTLE THEATRE FORMS’ – Vratza, ‘stage on crossroad’ - Plovdiv, theatre festivals in Shoumen, Pazardjik, Haskovo, Blagoevgrad, etc. - annually participation.
- ‘SEAGULL’, by Chekhov, with French actors, Paris, Theatre Paris Vilette, 1995
- ‘100 YEARS SOLITUDE’, after Marques, with Bulgarian actors, Sofia, 1995
- ’CHERRY ORCHARD’ by Chekhov, with French actors, Paris, 1996
- ‘ChekHov throught sfumato’s poetics’, lecture Academy of Modern Arts, Paris, 1996
- ‘BLOODY MARRIAGE" by Lorca, with students from The Conservatory, Paris, 1997
- ‘CHEKHOV'S POETICS’, with Spanish actors Madrid, 1997
- ‘LITTLE TRAGEDIES’ by Pushkin, with French actors, Paris, THEATRE DE LA COLLINE and Niort, 1997
- ‘LETTERS’ by Pushkin, with French actors, THEATRE DE LA TEMPETE, Paris 1997
- ‘SEAGULL’, by Chekhov, with Bulgarian actors, International Arts Festival ‘Apolonia’, Sozopol, 1997
- ‘ANCIENT MYTHS’, with Bulgarian actors Sofia, 1998
- ‘SEAGULL’, by Chekhov, with students in acting from the New York University, Varna, 1998
- ‘DREAMS AS THEATRICAL POETICS’ - with students from the Balkan countries, ‘Neighboring Voices’ Balkan Young Theatre Festival, Sofia, 1998
- ‘THE BLACK FLEECE’, with Bulgarian actors Sofia, 1999
- ‘SFUMATO’S POETICS’ – East – West Laboratory Hamburg, 1999
- ‘SLOW BOAT TO CHINA’ by Evgeni Vassilev, with students in acting from the New York University, Varna, 1999
- ‘Hazar vocabulary’ by Milorad Pavic, with students in acting from the New York University, Varna, 2000
- ‘NOMINA TRIVIALIA’, with Bulgarian actors, Sofia 2001
- “CHEKHOV THROUGH SFUMATO POETICS”, with students of Theatre Dept., St. Deny University, 2001
- ‘CHEKHOV’S POETIC’, with students in acting from the New York University, Varna, 2002
- ‘Freedom As An Illness’, with Bulgarian actors, Sofia 2002
- ‘25++ FROM OUTSIDE TO INSIDE‘, with actors from Bulgaria, France, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Romania, Ukraine, Georgia / European programme "25++ : Artistic Emergences en Europe", leaded by Culturesfrance/, Sofia 2006
- DOSTOEVSKY ‘KARAMAZOV’S BROTHERS’, with French students from ACTEA, Association Balkans -Transit, Caen, France 2006
- ‘GOGOL: THE RAGE PLUSHKIN’, with Bulgarian actors, Sofia 2008
- ‘Human, too Human’ , with actors from Bulgaria, Belgium, Slovenia, Sweden, Denmark, Ukraine, Macedonia, Turkey, Great Britain / "SEAS.Black/North" project, Intercult, Sweden, Balchik, 2008
- ‘WITH DOSTOEVSKY’,with students from the School of TNS, Strasbourg,2010
- ‘HAMLET: To Appear or to Be’, with Bulgarian actors, Sofia 2010
- ‘HAMLET: To TRAVEL or to DESCEND’, with Bulgarian and Swedish actor Simon Northon, "SEAS.Black/North" project, Balchik-Sofia 2010
- ‘I AM AN ACTRESS’, with Bulgarian actors and American actress and director Daniela Varon, Sofia 2011
- ‘THE UNIVERSAL SOIL ON THE LANDFILL’, with Bulgarian actors, in the frame of the
- ‘CHEKHOV: UNCLE VANIA’, with American actors, “Shakespeare&Co”,
- ‘Words for Love, Separation and Death, with students from the School of TNB, Rennes, France
- "THE LUNCHEON ON THE GRASS”, with the participation of ISO International Super
- ‘THE PLANE IS LATE’, leader Margarita Mladenova, with Bulgarian actors, Sofia 2014.
- ‘second hand’, masterclass, with the international troupe ISO of the Union of Theatres of Europe (UTE) and Bulgarian actors, in the frame of the EU project “Conflict Zones”, Small Season 2016 - Sofia.
- “SECOND HAND TIME”, based on the book “Second-Hand Time” by Svetlana Alexievic, leader Ivan Dobchev, with Bulgarian actors, Sofia 2016
- “MY SELF”, with students from PACE University, NY and Bulgarian students from NATFA, New York – Sofia – Varna International Theatre Festival – Sibiu International Theatre Festival 2017
A.P.Chekov/ Margarita Mladenova/ Vetcheslav Parapanov/ Elena Ivanova
Ludmila Petrushevska/ Margarita Mladenova/ Vetcheslav Parapanov
EVIDENCES ABOUT LIGHT IN THE TIME OF PEST
after Peter Atanasov, A.S.Pushkin, T.S.Eliot, S. Quasimodo/ Ivan Dobchev/ Assen Avramov
after A.P.Chekov/ Margarita Mladenova/ Vetcheslav Parapanov/ Nataly Genova
INFERNO INN (DJENDEM KHAN)
Ekaterina Tomova/ Ivan Dobchev/ Zoia Gentcheva
WORDS TOWARDS B.
Boyan Papazov/ Ivan Dobchev/ Ivan Dobchev
THE SIN CALLED ZLATIL
Iordan Iovkov/ Margarita Mladenova/ Elena Ivanova/ Vetcheslav Parapanov/ Assen Avramov
THE SIN CALLED KUTZAR
Iordan Iovkov/ Ivan Dobchev/ Ivan Dobchev/ Elena Ivanova/ Assen Avramov
THE FALLING OF ICARUS
Yordan Radichkov, Ingmar Bergman/ Ivan Dobchev/ Svetoslav Kokalov
Iordan Raditchkov/ Margarita Mladenova/ Vetcheslav Parapanov/ Assen Avramov
A.P.Chekov/ Ivan Dobchev/ Daniela Liachova & Nikola Toromanov
A.P.Chekov/ Margarita Mladenova/ Daniela Liachova & Nikola Toromanov/ Assen Avramov
THE CHERRY ORCHARD
A.P.Chekov/ Margarita Mladenova & Ivan Dobchev – Avignon
Lorca/ Margarita Mladenova & Ivan Dobchev - Paris
Margarita Mladenova & Ivan Dobchev/ Ivan Dobchev/Daniela Liachova/ Assen Avramov
SOMNIUM ULIXIS (THE DREAM OF ULYSSES)
after Heiner Muller, Joseph Brodsky, Georgi Tenev, Kiril Merdjansky/ Javor Gardev/
Daniela Liachova & Nikola Toromanov/ Assen Avramov
THE SMALL POUCKINE
After Pouchkine/ Margarita Mladenova & Ivan Dobchev – Macon, France
TIRESIAS - THE BLIND ONE
Kiril Merdjansky/ Ivan Dobchev/Ivan Dobchev/ Daniela Liachova/ Assen Avramov
ANTIGONE - THE MORTAL ONE
after Sophocles/ Margarita Mladenova/ Daniela Liachova/ Assen Avramov
Heiner Muller/ Javor Gardev/ Nikola Toromanov & Daniela Liachova/ Assen Avramov/
Konstantin Iliev/ Margarita Mladenova/ Vetcheslav Parapanov/ Kiril Donchev
Stanislav Lem/ Stojan Radev/ Tibetski Sartza
THE BLACK FLEECE
Ivan Dobchev / Margarita Mladenova / Daniela Liachova/ Assen Avramov
PROGRAMME NOMINA TRIVIALIA
BORN IN BETHEL
Ivan Dobchev/ Georgi Gospodinov / Ani Ilkov/ Kalin Janakiev / Daniela Liachova / Assen Avramov
PROGRAMME DOSTOEVSKY the Valley of the Dead Shadow:
Margarita Mladenova / Gueorgui Tenev/ Daniela Liachova / Assen Avramov
Ivan Dobchev / Gueorgui Tenev / Daniela Liachova / Assen Avramov
Samuel Beckett / Ivan Dobchev / Ivan Dobchev / Assen Avramov
Ivan Dobchev / Daniela Liachova / Assen Avramov / Lubomir Mladenov /Marco Cantelupo / Katarjina Gdanjek
Marina Tsvetaeva / Margarita Mladenova/ Daniela Liachova / Assen Avramov /Marco Cantelupo / Katarjina Gdanjek
PROGRAMME STRINDBERG TO DAMASCUS:
JULIE, JEAN AND KRISTINE / FROCKEN JULIE
Margarita Mladenova / Daniela Liahova / Assen Avramov
DANCE OF DEATH
Margarita Mladenova / Daniela Liahova / Assen Avramov
STRINDBERG IN DAMASCUS
Ivan Dobchev / Gueorgui Tenev / Daniela Liachova / Assen Avramov
Lazarus and Jesus
after Emilyan Stanev / Ivan Dobchev / Vladimir Slavov / Assen Avramov
after Nikolay Koliada / Ivan Dobchev / Venelin Shurelov
OOOO-The Dream of Gogol
after “Nevsky Prospect”, “Marriage”, “Ivan Fiodorovich Shponka” and “Diary of a Madman” by Gogol Ivan Dobchev / Margarita Mladenova / Daniela Liachova / Assen Avramov
THE WINTER’S TALE / by Shakespeare / Margarita Mladenova / Daniela Liahova / Assen Avramov
Ivan Dobchev / George Tenev / Daniela Liachova / Assen Avramov / Lubomir Mladenov
Konstantin Iliev / Ivan Dobchev / Daniela Liachova / Assen Avramov
medea – MY MOTHER
Ivan Dobchev / Margarita Mladenova / Daniela Liachova / Assen Avramov
PROGRAMME TERMINAL 2:
THE PLANE IS LATE
Boris Hristov / Margarita Mladenova / Stefan Ivanov / Nicola Toromanov / Assen Avramov /Yana Lozeva /
A BOOK FOR incineration
Georgi Tenev and Ivan Dobchev / Ivan Dobchev / Hristo Namliev
THAT THING (ATELIER-SPECTACLE)
Directed by Margarita Mladenova and Ivan Dobchev
THE BRIGHT FUTURE OF THE FLEA MARKET
Based on the book “Second-Hand Time” by Svetlana Alexievich / Ivan Dobchev / Petia Bujukova / Hristo Namliev/ Tsocho Bojadjiev
PROGRAMME DOSTOEVSKY: CHASING THE DEMONS
Margarita Mladenova / Boris Dalchev / Michaela Dobreva / Assen Avramov / Stefan Ivanov / Yana Lozeva
Ivan Dobchev/ Boris Dalchev / Michaela Dobreva / Assen Avramov / Yana Lozeva
PROGRAMME RADICHKOV: NOAH’S ARK
Margarita Mladenova / Boris Dalchev / Michaela Dobreva / Hristo Namliev / Yana Lozeva / Tsocho Boyadjiev/ Georgi Kapriev
Ivan Dobchev / Boris Dalchev / Michaela Dobreva / Assen Avramov / Yana Lozeva/ Stanislav Pamukchiev / Tsocho Boyadjiev/ Georgi Kapriev